To book a test email Sxccg.Covidtestingreferrals@nhs.net and include the following information in your email.
- Date of onset of symptoms
- Full name
- Mobile phone contact number
- Email address for confirmation of appointment
- Criteria met (see below)
- Vehicle registration if applicable
The criteria are as follows:
- An individual with COVID-19 symptoms (within 5-day onset symptoms) living in the same household as an essential worker who has been absent from work within the last 3 days due to symptoms.
- An essential worker who has COVID-19 symptoms.
Further information is available, including how to book a test through the Sussex Central Booking Centre. In order to book, please complete the symptomatic test request form.
National portal: Self Referral
Applications for a test are made through the Gov.uk online portal.
A short video explains the process and eligibility for accessing a test through the portal.
A further video has been produced to explain the procedure for conducting a self-swab.
National portal: Employer referral
The employer referral portal allows employers to refer essential workers who are self-isolating either because they or member(s) of their household have coronavirus symptoms, for testing.
The portal is secure and employers can upload the full list of names and contact details of self-isolating essential workers.
If referred through this portal, essential workers will receive a text message with a unique invitation code to book a test for themselves (if symptomatic) or their symptomatic household member(s) at a regional testing site.
In order to obtain a login, employers of essential workers should email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- organisation name;
- nature of the organisation’s business;
- region; and
- names (where possible) and email addresses of the 2 users who will load essential worker contact details.
Once employer details have been verified, 2 login credentials will be issued for the employer referral portal.
Information on how to register with the employer referral portal can be found in guidance on getting tested