Over the last year COVID-19 testing practices and routines have changed considerably in all adult social care settings. PHE has created quick reference guides on testing routes available in adult social care settings.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing available for adult social care in England guide summarises regular routine testing cycles and outbreak control testing for COVID-19.
For more details on testing please refer to the relevant guidance published by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC):
- How to access test kits and step-by-step guides on how to use PCR and rapid lateral flow test kits for regular and outbreak testing of residents, staff and visiting professionals: Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing in adult care homes
- friends and family visitors to care homes: Guidance on care home visiting
- professionals visiting care homes: Testing for professionals visiting care homes
Extra care and supported living settings:
Home care testing:
- personal assistants: Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing for personal assistants
- domiciliary care: Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing for homecare workers