Eligible health and social care providers can order Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) through the National PPE portal to meet the increased need that has arisen as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. You can only log in and place an order if you’ve received an email invitation to register. You should not use the portal to order PPE for non-COVID-19 requirements. You should get this through your normal channels.
Providers can order a limited amount of PPE on a weekly basis. The current order limits for different types and sizes of eligible health and social care providers are detailed in the PPE portal guidance. For further information see the PPE Portal Guidance.
Call the customer service team on 0800 876 6802 if you have any questions about using the PPE portal. The team is available from 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week, to help resolve your queries.
If you require additional PPE, this should be sourced through your usual supply chain route. If your regular suppliers are unable to provide stock, you should contact alternative suppliers including the PPE Dedicated Supply Channel recommended suppliers.
If you have been unable to obtain the required PPE through the PPE Portal and your usual supplier and have tried other suppliers including the PPE Dedicated Supply Channel recommended suppliers, then the County Council may be able to support with a limited emergency supply.
Emergency supplies of PPE are only available if:
- you have been unable to source stocks from your own or other suppliers
- you have been unable to obtain stock from the PPE portal
- your PPE stocks are at a critical level; and
- you need emergency supplies of PPE
If you meet the criteria, enquire as follows:
- If you require a response during normal office hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm), email email@example.com
- For an emergency outside of normal office hours, please contact the Out of Hours Team by phone on 0330 222 7007
Please note: Deliveries of PPE will only be available on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
Requests for PPE will be arranged for the next available delivery day. Requests received on Tuesdays and Thursdays must be received by 2pm to enable these to be processed for delivery the next day, otherwise they will be postponed to the next available delivery.
You will be contacted and asked to provide some information, including:
- your stock levels
- date of your next delivery; and
- how many people you are supporting including any confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19
If the County Council is unable to support with emergency supplies, then contact the National Supplies Disruption Service (NSDR) on 0800 915 9964.